The latest update from Ramblers (https://bit.ly/3csQlfB) states that all group activities remain suspended until further notice. Government guidelines are as follows:
In England, from Wednesday 13 May:
- You can exercise outdoors as often as you like alone, with members of your household.
- You can also exercise with one other person from outside your household, while keeping two metres apart.
- You may drive to outdoor open spaces, irrespective of distance, but should follow social distancing guidance whilst you are there.
In addition, the Ramblers urges all walkers in England to:
- Be sensitive to rural communities if considering travelling further from home to walk.
- Avoid activities that may result in injury or require emergency services support, especially in remote locations.
- Be aware that popular locations like National Parks or the coast may be very busy, making social distancing difficult.
- Plan ahead, as some sites and facilities may be closed or have restrictions.
In many cases, the best option will be to stay local and explore the local area on foot.